Tuesday, October 8, 2019

These A2 sized cards feature the Good Morning Magnolia Stamp Set and the coordinating Magnolia Memories Dies from Stampin' Up!

Link to My Stampin' Up! Store

These were my first 3 cards I made with this stamp set using the large Magnolia.  I wanted to start by experimenting with the 3 different ways I saw online to color the magnolia.


For this first card I stamped the large Magnolia from the Good Morning Magnolia Stamp Set on Whisper White CS using Memento Black Ink.

I used Stampin' Blends to color the flower: for the petals I used the Flirty Flamingo Set, for the center I used the Daffodil Delight Set, for the leaves I used the Old Olive Set, and for the branch I used the Crumb Cake Set. Then I cut out the flower using the coordinating Magnolia Memory Dies.

For the top frame I cut a 5-1/4" x 4" piece of the Galvanized Metallic DSP and then used one of the Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies to cut out the center piece.  The mat underneath was cut to fit the empty space from a piece of Sweet Soiree Specialty DSP.

The sentiment is from the Birthday Banners Stamp Set, was stamped on a scrap of Whisper White CS using Flirty Flamingo Ink, and cut with a die from the coordinating Bunch of Banners Framelits.

The 2 mats were attached using Tape Runner, the sentiment and magnolia were popped up with Dimensionals, and then the completed piece was attached to a White Card Base using Tape Runner.  


For this second card, I stamped the flower on Whisper White CS using Archival Black Ink (there was some bleeding of the black ink - StazOn Ink would have been a better choice).  To color the flower I used inks which I applied with a Blender PenCrushed Curry Ink for the petals and center, Mossy Meadow Ink for the leaves and branch.

The completed flower was cut out with the coordinating Magnolia Memory Dies, and then sprayed with some Shimmer Spray.

I cut a standard top mat (5" x 3-3/4") out of Crushed Curry CS and then ran it thru the Big Shot using the Tufted Embossing Folder.

The standard bottom mat (5-1/4" x 4") was cut from Mossy Meadow CS.

I attached the top mat to the bottom mat using Tape Runner.

Then I cut a couple of pieces of Mossy Meadow CS using the Decorative Ribbon Punch to frame the sentiment, which is from the Flourishing Phrases Stamp Set, and stamped on a strip of Crushed Curry CS using Mossy Meadow Ink.  The pieces were attached to the card front using Tape Runner and then trimmed to 4".

The completed piece was  attached to a White Card Base using Tape Runner.


For this third card, I stamped the flower on Shimmer Paper using StazOn Ink, and then used Watercolor Pencils to color the flower: for the petals I used Coastal Cabana, for the center I used Daffodil Delight, for the leaves I used Garden Green and Granny Apple Green, and for the branch I used Early Espresso.  If you haven't used watercolor pencils before it is a pretty simple process.  First you use the pencils to fill in the area and then I used my water-filled Aqua Painter to distribute the color.  For the darker area I applied additional layers of color using the pencils and then the Aqua Painter.

I cut this frame using two of the Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies from a piece of  Island Indigo CS which I had embossed using the Subtle Embossing Folder.

The sentiment is from the same Birthday Banners Stamp Set that I used for the first card - but this time I used Pool Party CS and Island Indigo Ink and then it was cut out with the Bunch of Banners Framelits.

The frame was attached directly to a White Card Base and then the sentiment and Magnolia were popped up with Dimensionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment