Monday, October 7, 2019

BEST CATCH SERIES - Part 5 - Sponged and Stamped Backgrounds

These A2 size cards feature the Best Catch Stamp Set and coordinating Catch of the Day Dies from Stampin' Up!.

Link to My Stampin' Up! Store

For this first card I started by repeatedly stamping the "Water" stamp from the High Tide Stamp Set on the bottom portion of a standard top mat of Whisper White CS using Balmy Blue Ink, 1st and 2nd Generation stamping, meaning that I stamped directly onto the mat once and then stamped a 2nd time in another area without reinking first.

Then I made a mask by cutting a circle out of a piece of Post-it Removable Labeling Tape, using the 1-3/4" Punch from Stampin' Up!  to use for the sun.  I applied the circle mask at the center top of the mat and them proceeded by sponging a light layer of Balmy Blue Ink across the whole card front using a Sponge Dauber.  Try to do some shading on the bottom half.

Then I took another piece(s) of removable Post-it Tape to cover the bottom water portion so I could color in more of the sky using Pacific Point and So Saffron Inks until I was happy with the results.

I removed both the circle mask and the tape from the bottom of the card and used So Saffron Ink to color in the Sun with a Sponge Dauber.

The sentiment is from the Best Catch Stamp Set and stamped in Memento Black Ink.

The fish, fisherman, and grasses were cut from Whisper White CS using the Catch of the Day Dies and colored with Olive Green, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede Stampin' Blend Sets.

The fish was popped up with Dimensionals, the other 2 pieces were attached to the top mat with Tape Runner as shown.

I attached the top mat to a standard size bottom mat cut from Lemon Lime Twist CS, then the completed piece was attached to a White Card Base, using Tape Runner.


I started this 2nd card by stamping the Trees using the Lovely As A Tree Stamp Set in Old Olive Ink on a standard size top mat cut from Whisper White CS.

Then I applied Sahara Sand Ink with a Sponge Dauber to color the "ground".  And stamped the grasses from the High Tide Stamp Set using Old Olive Ink.

The "water" from the High Tide Stamp Set was stamped and colored with a Sponge Dauber, as in the card above, using Pool Party Ink.

For the "sky" I applied Balmy Blue Ink with a Sponge Dauber.

Then I stamped the "seagulls" in Soft Suede Ink using a stamp from the High Tide Stamp Set.

I cut the fisherman from Whisper White CS using the Catch of the Day Dies, colored it with Old Olive and Pool Party Stampin' Blends Sets, and popped it up on the card using Dimensionals.

The sentiment is from the Birthday Banners Stamp Set and stamped with Old Olive Ink on a die cut piece leftover from a Paper Pumpkin Kit, and then popped up with Dimensionals.

I attached the top mat to a standard size bottom mat cut from Old Olive CS, then the completed piece was attached to a White Card Base, using Tape Runner.

This card was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest by Kathy Crow.


For this 3rd card, I began by coloring the top two-thirds of standard size top mat cut from Whisper White CS, using So Saffron Ink and a Sponge Dauber.

Then I stamped the water stamp from the High Tide Stamp Set in the next lower section in Balmy Blue Ink, and then lightly daubed some Balmy Blue and Daffodil Delight Ink on the water section as shown.

Then I used the circle mask from the first card detailed above to cover a section of the morning sky for the "sun", and proceeded to shade the sky with Daffodil Delight Ink, with a little bit of Balmy Blue Ink just around the outside edge of the sun.

The "sand" stamp from the High Tide Stamp Set was stamped in the bottom section using Sahara Sand Ink, the "grasses from the same set were stamped with Old Olive Ink, and the Seagulls from the same set were stamped in Soft Suede Ink.  Then the area was lightly colored with a Sponge Dauber and Crumb Cake Ink  The fisherman and the basket from the Best Catch Stamp Set were both stamped in Soft Suede Ink and then the basket was colored with Soft Suede and Mango Melody Stampin' Blends.

I attached the top mat to a standard size bottom mat of Soft Suede CS, then the completed piece was attached to a White Card Base, using Tape Runner.

This card was inspired by one I saw on Pinterest by Tina's Crafty Ink Spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment