Monday, February 4, 2019

This A2 sized card features the Pressed Flower Stamp Set, a host set from Stampin' Up!.

I created the background mat by Spritzing water, that was colored with a few drops of ink from my Old Olive Reinker, onto a smooth plastic surface.  (I use a place mat).  Then I placed a piece of Watercolor Paper onto the spritzed surface and let it absorb the color.  Remove the paper & let the piece thoroughly dry.

The effect is different every time, depending on the amount of water you spray and the amount of ink you add to the water.  I will often make several pieces up at time using several different color inks and then set them aside for later use.

When the piece is dry I used Early Espresso Ink to stamp the texture stamp on the bottom of the mat.

I used a piece of Removable Tape to cover the stamped texture once it was dry, and then used Old Olive Ink to stamp the various flowers.

The sentiment was also stamped in Old Olive ink and is from the Flourishing Phrases Stamp Set.

I die cut the mat using the one of the Rectangle Stitched Framelits.  And glued the piece using Tombow Glue onto Always Artichoke Cardstock and then both pieces onto a White Card Base.

Because my background mat was prepared previously, this card was really easy and quick to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment