Monday, February 11, 2019

These A2 size cards feature the Dandelion Wishes Stamp Set from Stampin' Up!

Series 3 - Stamped Backgrounds

This is part 3 of a series of cards created with the Dandelion Wishes stamp set.  What I love best about this set is the simplicity of the dandelion stamps and how well they work on patterned DSP and custom backgrounds.  I also love the "Wishing" sentiments in the set and have found lots of other sentiments that also coordinate well with this set, as you will see as we go thru this series.


For the background on this card I used the texture stamps from the Beautiful Blizzard Stamp Set on a piece of Whisper White Cardstock standard top mat size, using Highland Heather Ink..  I CASEd this card from one I saw on Pinterest by Debbie Dutchess, though she used a different stamp for the background.

The dandelions and sentiment from Dandelion Wishes were heat embossed using the Embossing Buddy, Versamark Ink, Black Embossing Powder & a Heat Tool.

Then I mounted the top mat onto a standard size bottom mat piece of Gorgeous Grape Cardstock, and then both pieces on a White Card Base.  

I finished this card by spraying the whole card front with Shimmer Spray.

Quick and Easy Card & any colors or texture stamps can easily be substituted.

For the background top mat on this card I used one of the 2 stamps from the Bokeh Dots Stamp Set.  This card was CASEd from one I saw on Pinterest by Lillybet's Papers.  I used a combination of Gorgeous Grape, Balmy Blue & Blueberry Bushel Inks on Whisper White Cardstock.

When it was dry I stamped the dandelions and sentiment from Dandelion Wishes in Memento Ink and trimmed the piece to 3-1/4" x 4-1/2".

Then I mounted the top mat onto a standard size bottom mat piece of Gorgeous Grape Cardstock, and then both pieces onto a White Card Base.

Like the card above any colors or the other stamp from Bokeh Dots can easily be substituted.



Here's another version of this same color using Fresh Fig, Crushed Curry and Old Olive Inks.  For this one I used the Seaside Embossing Folder to emboss a pattern onto the Crushed Curry Cardstock bottom mat.

Link to My Stampin' Up! Store


No comments:

Post a Comment