Thursday, August 27, 2020

These 2 cards feature the Poppy Moments Die Set from Stampin' Up!.


The following cards were made similarly.   I began by making the flowers.  I cut a solid flower piece out of cardstock.  Then I cut two segmented flower pieces, one from the same color cardstock and one from a coordinating color, giving me what I will call an outline piece and then the individual petal pieces.  

I glued the outline piece to the solid flower piece of the same cardstock color and then glued all of the petals in place.  I cut additional solid flowers and segmented flowers and combined the pieces as above.  I cut coordinating flower center pieces and attached them as shown. 

Once I had my flowers made I picked out a piece of DSP to use for a top mat of each card. 

For this first card the bottom mat was cut from Old Olive CS, the top mat was cut from a piece of  Peaceful Poppies DSP.  The flowers for this card were cut from Poppy Parade CS and some Whisper White CS that I stamped first with Poppy Parade Ink using one of the stamps from the Touches of Texture Stamp Set (the dots).  The leaf pieces were cut from Old Olive CS, and then sponged with some Old Olive Ink for some contrast.  The flower buds were cut from Poppy Parade CS.  I cut a mat from Whisper White CS, using one of the Stitched so Sweetly Dies, this piece was also stamped with Poppy Parade Ink using the same stamp as above. The sentiment is from the Label Me Bold Stamp Set and was stamped with Old Olive Ink on a scrap piece of Whisper White CS, cut with the Classic Label Punch and trimmed  to desired length. the sentiment and the larger flower were popped up with Dimensionals, the other pieces attached directly to the mats.



For this next card the bottom mat was cut from Calypso Coral CS, the top mat from a piece of  Sweet Soiree DSP.  The flowers were cut from Petal Pink CS that was dotted using same texture stamp as listed above and Calypso Coral CS.  The leaf pieces were cut from Whisper White CS.  The circular piece was cut from Whisper White CS using a die from the Painted Layers Die Set.  The upper mat was cut from Calypso Coral CS using one of the Stitched So Sweetly Dies. The sentiment is from the Timeless Tulips Stamp Set and cut using one of the Merry Christmas Thinlits Dies. The flower and sentiment were  popped up with Dimensionals. Lastly I added some Pearls to the center of the flower and on the upper mat.

No comments:

Post a Comment